Friday, December 30, 2011

day 10

Britta the tiny twin here with not too much to report. Cordelia is off her ventelator and is just on oxygen. What a show off! The doctors took me off of my ventelator a few days ago but put it back in. I did not do very well with just the oxygen. The doctors think it might have something to do with my brain.... seriously! cut me some slack! I'm barely a freakin pound here people. Mom and dad think that it is because I am so small, and after some time with some added fat to my body I will be able to handle it. (My parents are so smart)
Mom came to the hospital today and brought us some milk. I have been eating allot and Cordelia has just started eating last night. We are praying she will take it well and be alright as she has had some issues with her tummy. It is RSV season at the hospital so Rhett and Reese can not come see us anymore. I will miss them but I must admit I sigh with a little relief.... those two get bored easily and try to touch all the buttons and pull all the levers in our rooms! Some of those things are really important!!! The other day Dad took both of them to the bathroom and Rhett pulled the emergency cord. Dad opened the door to find 15 nurses standing there. What did we get ourselves into??  
Mom cried all day today at this visit. What a ball baby. She said not being able to hold us is getting to her, and she kept sticking her nose in the incubator to smell us. She sang to us and we prayed together. It was a good visit. Yesterday one of the doctors said that our medical team is concerned with my brain function.  Mom and dad have decided to leave it in the Lord's hands and they think I will be just fine. They see the way I move when they start to talk to me and I show them I know they are there. Besides that I don't think the doctors realize that the most amazing things come in really small packages. Please pray for us, we can feel your prayers. I thought of this song. It seems fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment