Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 25

Delia here with some news bitter sweet. Britta passed away yesterday. She was telling all of us that she was ready to return to Heavenly Father. Her heartbeat kept dropping and the nurses kept bagging her to get her stable again. The doctors called Mom and Dad and said she was struggling and that they would keep her alive for as long as they could but that she would not last too much longer. Mom and Dad came to the hospital yesterday and held both of us at the same time. It was so good to finally see Britta face to face again on Earth. She is so beautiful.... (and don't forget we are identical) First Mom held us then Dad held us. Britta kept moving her head from side to side, mom has always been amazed by our strength. "Babies don't move like this!" She says. We all cried allot but laughed too. Mom was holding me and dad was holding Britta when she passed. Mom noticed that I started to smile, I have not told her I was seeing Britta but I think she figured it out.
Britta told me how good she feels, not being held down by all the wires and tubes. She has allot of work to do on the other side- and I know it is the feisty ones that get stuff done. We all know that we will see her again, and we know she is watching over us. Mom and dad have said that death can be a spiritual experience if you let it... man, my parents are smart. I have been moved into Britta's room per mom and dad's request. The nurses said they could move me down the hall so they would not have to walk by Britta's room. They said all the parents do that, but mom and dad thought that was sad. All those babies in the NICU need to be remembered for their life not death. So now, Britta's room is our room.
We will let you know when her service will be so you can attend if you would like.

2 comments:

  1. Liz, your strength amazes me and your example has taught me much through this experience your family is enduring. Thank you for opening your hearts and sharing it with us. I am so sorry for your loss and yet so thankful for the knowledge of the gospel that we all have. I know that your family will be blessed and I will keep you all in my prayers that you will be comforted during this time. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz & Luke- my heart, thoughts, prayers and tears go out to you. How precious to have had Britta for 25 days. Liz, remember when we were talking about the idea that Heavenly Father adopts all the sweet little ones til their parents can get there? What a comforting thought. Sure love you guys and your family!

    ReplyDelete