Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am happy to report that I am 3 pounds and 7 ounces!.... and yet I am still able to keep my girlish figure. The nurses have been dressing me lately, and mom says I "look like a real baby." I am not sure how to take that comment. What was I like before? Chopped liver?? I like my onesies- they are cute, and at night the other babies and I sneak into each others rooms and have fashion shows. It's a girl thing.
My feeding tube has been moved and now goes down my nose and not my mouth, so non nutritive nursing with mom made much more sense today. But speaking of mom.... she is kind of loosing it. ....well, lost it. She can't remember anything- so please do not take offense if she is nutty or forgets to say thank you.  I am surprised she can find her way to the hospital. She has been telling  me about all of the blessings that have come to our family, and how blessed she is to have such wonderful people that have helped us so much. She says the biggest blessing is me, and having been sent to the hospital that I am at. She knows that with out the doctors doing that, I wouldn't be here either.
I wanted to share this picture of me and my sister. We have been thinking allot about her lately. We miss her but what I think is the most amazing blessing of all is the eternal bond we all share and that we can have her again.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. No other words needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delia, I am happy to see you are writing again! I really enjoy your posts! When you get a chance will you please let your mom know that we love her very much and we are thinking of her constantly and we are thinking about and praying for all of you! You, your mom, and your family are truly an inspiration to us!

    ReplyDelete